Bacon, Apple & Walnut Salad
By the wlr team
This salad is a great 'take to work' lunch as you can prep it all beforehand, then just drizzle on the dressing and you're ready to go.
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 10 mins
- Calories: 391
- 4 rashers bacon, smoked
- 180g spinach, fresh
- 20ml french dressing, low fat
- 1 apple
- 50g walnut halves
- 50g ricotta cheese
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- You can either cook your bacon under the grill, or dry fry in a non-stick frying pan. No extra fat is needed.
- If using the grill cook on foil under a medium heat for 3-5 minutes each side, if using a pan cook on the hob on a high heat for 3 minutes each side.
- While the bacon is cooking dress the spinach leaves with the dressing and arrange on your plates. Thinly slice the apple and lay over the spinach. Sprinkle on the walnuts and crumble the ricotta cheese over.
- When the bacon is cooked slice into small bitesize pieces and add to your salad.
|Fruit & Veg||1.9|