By the wlr team
Eggs florentine is a breakfast staple, but enjoy it for lunch or dinner too. This classic is a well rounded healthy meal that will keep you fuller for longer.
- Recipe makes: 1 serving
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 10 mins
- Calories: 480
- 100g spinach, fresh
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices granary bread
- 40g cheddar cheese, reduced fat
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Pre heat the grill to a high heat. Place a small pan with a little water over a high heat until steaming.
- Steam spinach for about 20 seconds, until it goes a darker green but isn't really soggy.
- In a separate saucepan, half fill it with water and bring it to a slow boil.
- Crack egg into a cup 1 at a time, and gently pour into the simmering water in one fluid movement. Repeat for second egg.
- Poach eggs in water for 2-4 minutes depending on how you like them.
- Top granary bread with spinach, then using a slotted spoon add poached egg on top. Finally add grated cheese and place under a hot grill until cheese has melted.
|Fruit & Veg||1.3|