Success Story: Katie
|Start Weight||13st 5lbs|
|Current Weight||11st 1lb|
|Weight Lost||2st 4lbs|
|Working to Rate of Loss||2lbs per week to start with|
Previously tried Slimfast and Weight Watchers and with both ended up putting more on than before.
On Being Overweight…
I hated shopping for party clothes as none of the 'nice' shops had clothes that looked good on larger people.
"It affected my confidence and I became quite a recluse - happier being on my own or with my children."
I wasn't happy with my body and this affected my feelings towards my husband.
I thought other people just saw me as the big lady who had three small children.
Motivation to Lose Weight
I was fed up of going up a dress size, and after having my last child, and suffering throughout the pregnancy with weight related problems, I felt for my own good health I needed to lose weight.
"I hated 'hating' myself."
Discovering Weight Loss Resources
Looking through a women's health related magazine at the doctor's I came across an article about healthy eating/living and it referred to the website.
How Weight Loss Resources Helps
To date I have found it relatively simple to lose weight each week - or at least maintain my current weight - it's very useful seeing how many calories your daily food gives and what the nutritional values are.
I like seeing how my food is 'made up' and am now very conscious of nutritional values in foods.
Using the message boards enables you to ask questions about food and exercise and you get a good balanced answer back.
"Seeing how exercise affects your calories is good too, and very encouraging."
Being able to record and see your body measurement is a good incentive.
The Best of Weight Loss Resources
To begin with I used all sections of the site and felt it was right to do that.
Now, due to time restraints I tend to just record my progress and use the message boards (especially for challenges).
Katie's Tips for Losing Weight
- I would always recommend using the food diary to record daily intake.
- If you are stuck for meal ideas - have a browse through the recipe section.
- Reading the articles on the Members Home pages gives you new ideas to try out.
- Keep at it. Even though you may not lose weight for long periods of time, your body shape does change. I haven't lost much since Christmas, but have dropped 2 dress sizes in that time!
- Take part in the challenges! I find them very rewarding, especially seeing entries from people brave enough to say they haven't lost anything, or put some on that week. It makes weight loss more realistic without the embarrassment.
My life has changed so much in the last 9 months and I am now so much happier, healthier and content with myself and my life.
Lots of people like Katie have achieved their weight loss success using the tools, information and support that WLR has to offer. But don't take our word for it – take free trial and see for yourself.
* Note: The success stories published on Weight Loss Resources are written by WLR members, past and present, telling their own stories in their own words. As you will see if you read more than one or two of them, everyone's story is different and they have reached their success from a variety of starting points and lost weight at varying rates. Individual results may vary.