Success Story: Fiona
|Start Weight||11st 11lbs|
|Weight Lost||2st 11lbs|
|Working to Rate of Loss||2lbs per week|
Successfully tried calorie counting in my teens with the help of a dietitian.
Have been on Weight Watchers which was good until I started exercising a lot and then I found it too restrictive.
Have you lost weight before and regained the weight?
Yes! When I was 16 years of age I got down to 10 stone from an initial weight of 14 stone.
This was through the help of a dietitian. Gradually over the years the weight slowly crept back on due to lapsing into unhealthy eating habits (again).
On Being Overweight…
I was bullied at school about my weight and had horrendous school years.
I remember being physically sick before PE classes and dreading getting changed in front of the other girls.
School days were the worst.
"I yo-yo'd between 10 stone and 12 stone for the next 10 years after school which wasn't terrible as at 5ft 7 I was never 'huge' again."
However I always envied 'skinny' girls and always wanted to look that way myself. I knew deep down I was not truly happy with my body.
Motivation to Lose Weight
When I was 28 I woke up one day and my size 14 jeans were feeling really tight.
"I 'dared' to weigh myself and was horrified to find I weighed 11 stone 11! I knew then I had to do something once and for all."
I was not going to be fat and 30! and I needed to learn about food and healthy eating so I could keep the weight off once and for all.
Discovering Weight Loss Resources
I discovered WLR purely through 'Slimmer' magazine.
I was struggling on Weight Watchers at the time and thought: "What the heck, I will give it a go!" After that I never looked back and have been a member ever since!
How Weight Loss Resources Helps
The biggest and best change for me was being able to eat my exercise calories!
"As I lost weight I found I loved to exercise and started doing something every day."
Weight Watchers were extremely strict about the amount of 'extra' exercise calories you could eat but when you are active you need to eat more.
Eventually on Weight Watchers my weight loss stopped at around 10 stone 10. I was hungry and faint a lot of the time and I knew something had to change.
"When I joined WLR I was amazed by how much I could eat! It was like heaven!"
As I began to eat more the weight started dropping off again. I felt a lot better health-wise and I could also work out better!
The food diary is excellent and I love the pie chart which shows where your nutrients are coming from.
The Best of Weight Loss Resources
I use the whole site daily! The food diary is essential to me as I exercise a lot and need to fuel my workouts.
I need to be careful I eat enough and very often struggle to eat all of my allowance now I am on maintenance! (Never thought I would hear myself say that!)
Also the message boards are great! I have made loads of friends and it is great to give advice to people and see how they are doing with their weight loss!
Everyone is so friendly whether they have 5lb or 5 stone to lose!
Fiona's Tips for Losing Weight
- Do eat at least some of your exercise calories it sounds daft but you do need to eat to lose weight!
- Write everything in your diary. You will only be fooling yourself if you don't. You will probably also find if you do a bit more exercise/cut down other days it won't be as bad as you think if you have had a bad day.
- Don't beat yourself up over a bad day. Being too hard on yourself will only put you on a downward spiral into doing the same thing the next day. Forget it and move on!
- Do try and exercise. You don't have to be a fitness freak (like me!) just walking will help! It will also give you extra calories for special occasions etc. The more you can eat the less likely you are to feel you are 'dieting' and exercise calories can help in a big way with this!
- Last and not least BE PATIENT!! (THELUCE - TAKE NOTE!!) As you get near to your target, your weight loss will slow. It took me months to lose my last 6lb but with determination (and a lot of tears and tantrums!) I did get there. It really is hard - I know it is but stick with it and you will get the results you want! If I can do it anyone can!
Good luck everyone!
Lots of people like Fiona have achieved their weight loss success using the tools, information and support that WLR has to offer. But don't take our word for it – take free trial and see for yourself.
* Note: The success stories published on Weight Loss Resources are written by WLR members, past and present, telling their own stories in their own words. As you will see if you read more than one or two of them, everyone's story is different and they have reached their success from a variety of starting points and lost weight at varying rates. Individual results may vary.