Success Story: Emma
|Weight||16st 12lbs||13st 5lbs|
Weight Loss History
Have you Lost Weight Before and Regained the Weight?
Yes – more times than I care to remember!
On Being Overweight…
I am a lot more sociable now. Before I would invent any excuse not to go out.
"I have a lot more energy whereas before I would drag myself through the day and collapse into bed at night."
I also used to be overlooked but now I get a lot of compliments!
Finding the Motivation to Lose Weight
I am planning to get married next year and also my mum (Amy12) and I are going to Cyprus in November.
Discovering Weight Loss Resources
My Mum found it and recommended it.
How WLR Helps
The food database is invaluable.
"I have realised you don’t have to deny yourself the food you love. Just eat less of it."
I can now recognise when I am full and stop eating!
The Best of WLR
Always use your food diary. It is essential as it is too easy to forget what you have actually eaten in a day.
- Ask for support if needed. Diet Buddies are invaluable and the support is always there.
- Try to aim for your 5 a day fruit and vegetable quota.
- Drink up to 2 litres of water every day. Your energy levels go through the roof!
- Don’t deny yourself chocolate. Just replace full size bars with snack size and funsize bars. You will find it satisfies your cravings.
You can try WLR's online weight loss tools free. You can set a weight loss goal, see how many calories you need each day to get there, and chart your progress. Try it free for 24 hours.
* Note: The success stories published on Weight Loss Resources are written by WLR members, past and present, telling their own stories in their own words. As you will see if you read more than one or two of them, everyone's story is different and they have reached their success from a variety of starting points and lost weight at varying rates. Individual results may vary.