Success Story: Eileen
|Start Weight||12st 3lbs|
|Current Weight||9st 7lbs|
|Weight Lost||2st 10lbs|
|Working to Rate of Loss||2lbs per week|
Weight Loss History
This time I feel I have been presented with the nutritional information I needed to succeed.
"The support and education I have received have been the single biggest factors in achieving my weight loss."
They gave me the courage to work hard and keep at it as I believed in what I was doing.
Have you lost weight before and regained the weight?
Yes! Most of my adult years I'm afraid. I always thought I knew how much 4oz potatoes etc would look like, and never weighed anything regularly.
Now, if I don't lose weight one week, I measure items again and sure enough I've usually crept up on the portion sizes.
"I am also a classic comfort eater and grab something sweet when I'm upset, moody or pre-menstrual."
There was always a reason to justify to myself why I had to eat something calorie laden.
On Being Overweight…
Comfort eating gives you momentary pleasure before the guilt feelings set in.
"I felt a failure and out of control about my eating habits for many years. I changed my lifestyle, became educated about food and the weight came off."
I don't feel the 'stares' that I used to get and I look in the fashion shops rather than the 'frump' stores where I used to shop for items to hide my size.
I've always been 'young at heart' on the inside and now I look younger on the outside too.
Motivation to Lose Weight
We like to travel and I'd like to keep up with my husband and son.
My fitness levels have improved greatly and I now have a positive mental attitude, which lifts my spirits and makes me a much nicer person to be around (or so my husband says).
I want my children to have their mum around for them when they get older and I know that losing weight has reduced my chances of getting problems later in life.
Discovering Weight Loss Resources
I came across WLR in an advert in a slimming magazine.
I did the free trial and luckily I was 'hooked'.
Alongside the WLR advert there was another online website for the same money.
There was no comparison between the two. The other one told me everything I already knew so wouldn't have been beneficial at all.
How Weight Loss Resources Helps
The site is great for the following reasons:
- It puts you in control and treats each person as an individual. This may be a first for many of you (like me) to feel you control your eating habits.
- It provides all the info you need and lives up to it. eg it stated I would achieve 2lb weight loss weekly at 1100 cals and I did regularly.
- The support network is incredible. I love the guys on the boards and for me they have been a lifeline. Anyone who doesn't always have contact daily with people would benefit.
- It is very satisfying to see a graph with your weight and body mass index reducing to an acceptable level.
- I was able to log in rather than eat the cream cake, bag of crisps, that were calling to me. Being able to use the site at any time is the thing that makes this site work. It puts the others in the shade for its availability.
The Best of Weight Loss Resources
I enjoy reading everything and get told off for hogging the computer. The sites are always changing so there's lots to read about and compare to your experiences.
Eileen's Tips for Losing Weight
I always use the food diary daily.
"I am honest about what I eat. If you kid yourself, it's not going to come off is it?"
I like to weigh things still occasionally and I like to try new recipes. I've started eating Quorn and it's really nice and very low in calories.
I drink lots of water. I try to be as active as possible so that I can reward myself sometimes with some chocolate or cake.
"I read the entries of my fellow members and laugh with them, or feel their pain. There is always someone around as a shoulder to lean on."
Happiness sometimes seems 'just beyond our reach'. We have to believe in ourselves more and strive for what we know we can do.
"People talk of diets like a 'two headed monster' but it is not something to be scared of anymore provided we have the information and support we need to make lifestyle changes."
I was a quiet woman who liked to blend in the background and remain unnoticed.
I'm not exactly shouting from the rooftops now but I have gained in confidence.
I'm even thinking of taking up food and nutrition courses. How's that for a 46 year old Essex Girl with 2 O Levels?
As Eileen says, losing weight doesn't have to be a "two headed monster". You can get all the support and information you need to put yourself in control with the tools in WLR– try it free for 24 hours!
* Note: The success stories published on Weight Loss Resources are written by WLR members, past and present, telling their own stories in their own words. As you will see if you read more than one or two of them, everyone's story is different and they have reached their success from a variety of starting points and lost weight at varying rates. Individual results may vary.