By the wlr team
Simple waldorf salad combining crunchy apple, celery and walnut halves. Drizzled with a lemon mayo dressing and served with sourdough bread. For an extra sweet kick you could add some grapes or sultanas too...
- Recipe makes: 1 serving
- Prep time:
- Calories: 435
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 6 walnut halves
- 1 apple
- 2 stalks celery
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- 1½ tbsp reduced calorie mayonnaise
- 1 slice Sourdough bread
- Core and slice the apple. Tear the lettuce leaves and chop the celery.
- Then add them all to a bowl with the walnut halves.
- Mix the mayonnaise with the lemon juice and dollop over the salad.
- Serve with a slice of sourdough bread.
- Optional: cut the bread into cubes and have as croutons in the salad.
|Fruit & Veg||3.1|