Rebecca Walton - wlr Team
Rebecca has spent over 15 years working in the diet and weight loss industry, helping people to lose weight in a healthy and sustainable way. Having buried herself in the field of nutrition, she is editor of the long running Calorie, Carb & Fat Bible, and frequently writes evidence based articles and help materials for wlr.
With a passion for cooking and what she calls 'proper food', she enjoys creating new low calorie, healthy recipes - some of which can be seen in her published 'Fad and Faff Free Recipes'.
As a bit of a self-confessed science geek, she has an avid interest in behaviour change and the psychology of weight loss, she can often be found studying research papers on human motivation and habitual behaviour "just for fun"...
Rebecca says "with more people struggling to lose weight and keep it off, it's important we keep up with medical research and proven strategies and guidelines.
Using this knowledge and information, and successfully translating it into tools and advice that people can use everday in real life is about as rewarding as it gets!"
- HEQF Level 4 'Understanding Human Nutrition' certificate from the Open University
- Motivational Interviewing Practitioner
- Introduction to Healthy Eating & Nutrition - British Nutrition Foundation Accredited Training (Association for Nutrition Certified)
- Accredited CPD from BMJ Learning (British Medical Journal):
- Obesity: A Multidisciplinary Approach
- Physical Activity and Health
- Motivational Interviewing in Brief Consultations
- BA (hons) Marketing Management
You'll find Rebecca on:
- The Calorie, Carb and Fat Bible: Rebecca has managed the food and nutrition information for the UK's most comprehensive calorie counter for over 10 years. Details on the wlr shop
- Veg -Up! : Easy meat-free calorie counted recipes for everyone. Details on Amazon
- Fad Free Recipes - 50 real food recipes for under 500 calories: Rebecca created over 40 recipes for this collection, alongside an introduction and tips for healthy cooking and eating. 5* rated, this book is all about simple, low calorie easy to make food for every day. Details on Amazon
- Strength Training with Resistance Bands: Simple exercises to help you build strength and tone your body. Details on Amazon
Some of Rebecca's work on wlr:
With the seemingly conflicting advice on low-carb, recent research published in the Lancet looks at optimal carbohydrate intake for health, based on an observational study spanning 25 years.
With UK health guidelines saying we should be getting 30g a day, take a look at our charts to help you get a bit more fibre in your daily diet.
When Leeds University asked wlr to aid in some of their research - we were happy to help! Here's a round up of the scientific papers and clinical studies that resulted from the research.
It makes a big difference when the team who are helping you lose weight really care about your success.
The driving force behind wlr is providing the best tools, information and services we can to help people achieve healthy weight loss that will last.
That's why we're here and what we do every day. Put us to the test