Indian Chicken Curry
- 570g Chicken, Breast, Diced, Average
- 1 Tbsp/15ml Oil, Vegetable, Average
- 10g Butter, Fresh, Average
- 3 Cloves/9g Garlic, Raw, Average
- 1 Med/180g Onions, Raw, Average
- 3 Tbsps/45g Garam Masala, Average
- 1 Tsp/5g Coriander, Seeds, Ground, Schwartz
- ½Tsp/2.5g Mint, Dried
- 1 Glass/200ml Water, Mineral Or Tap
- Heat the oil and butter in a wok or large, heavy frying pan. Crush the garlic and chop the onions.
- Add the garlic and onion and stir fry for about 5 minutes until onion is golden.
- Stir in the garam masala, coriander and mint. Add the chicken and cook over a moderate heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the water, stir, and simmer without a lid for 10-15 minutes until the chicken is cooked and sauce has thickened.
If you like fresh coriander, stir in a tablespoon, chopped, prior to serving.
|Average Indian Takeaway Meal
|Home Cooked Indian Meal
|Saved per Week
|Saved Over 8 Weeks
|Weight Loss Over 8 Weeks
*Based on swapping 1 takeaway a week for a home cooked version.
Taken from: The Great Calorie Crunch - Save Money and Lose Weight