Juicy Chicken Skewers with Tzatziki
By the wlr team
So easy to make, these chicken skewers are great for the BBQ or grill when the weather starts to warm up. Served with creamy tzatziki and couscous... A delicious and light summer dinner everyone can enjoy.
- Recipe makes: 1 serving
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 15 mins
- Calories: 453
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 courgette
- ½ yellow pepper
- ½ red onion
- 50g mushrooms
- 1¼ tsp olive oil
- 40g couscous
- 1 tbsp parsley, fresh
- ½ garlic clove
- 15g cucumber
- ¼ lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp greek yoghurt, low fat
- ½ tsp white wine vinegar
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Preheat the grill to a medium heat.
- Cut the chicken, courgette, pepper and onion into bitesize chunks.
- Thread the chicken, courgette, pepper, onion and mushrooms onto the skewers and brush lightly with oil and place under the grill, turning half way. Grill until everything is cooked, making sure the chicken is cooked through.
- Prepare the couscous while the skewers are grilling.
- Make the tzatziki by chopping parsley and garlic. Finely dice the cucumber and place these ingredients in a bowl with 1 tsp olive oil, lemon juice, greek yoghurt and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the skewers on a bed of couscous and a drizzle of tzatziki.
|Fruit & Veg||6.1|