Low Fat Date and Walnut Cake
Serves 12 | Prep 15mins | Cook 40-50mins
- 200g Dates, Whiteworths
- 1 Egg/50g Eggs, Free Range, Medium, Co-Op
- ½ Tsp/2g Vanilla Extract, Average
- 50g Walnuts, Pieces, Asda
- 1 Tsp/2g Baking Powder, Average
- 180g Flour, Wholemeal, Self Raising, Tesco
- ½ Tsp/1g Spice Mixed, Schwartz
- 24 Serving/12g Sweetener, Granulated, Splenda
- 40g Butter, Spreadable, Lighter, Anchor
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas Mark 4. Line a 22cm (8½in) square cake tin with non-stick baking parchment.
- Place the dates in a large bowl and cover with 300ml of boiling water and sprinkle over the bicarbonate of soda.
- Place the sugar, margarine, eggs and vanilla extract in a food processor and blend to combine.
- Add the flour and the liquid from the dates and blend again.
- Add the nuts and drained dates, blend briefly until the dates and nuts are just chopped.
- Spoon into the tin and bake for 40-50 minutes, until golden and a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven, place on a cooling rack and remove the lining paper.
Leave to cool before cutting into squares.
Use the WLR Exercise Diary to log any exercise that you do and how vigorously you do it. See what a difference good music can make to your exercise routines!Try the Exercise Diary free for 24 hours.