Low Fat Date and Walnut Cake
Serves 12 | Prep 15mins | Cook 40-50mins
Nutrition Information Per Serving
| 153.7 calories
| 5.7g fat
| 3.5g protein
| 22.0g carb
| 2.2g fibre
- 200g Dates, Whiteworths
- 1 Egg/50g Eggs, Free Range, Medium, Co-Op
- ½ Tsp/2g Vanilla Extract, Average
- 50g Walnuts, Pieces, Asda
- 1 Tsp/2g Baking Powder, Average
- 180g Flour, Wholemeal, Self Raising, Tesco
- ½ Tsp/1g Spice Mixed, Schwartz
- 24 Serving/12g Sweetener, Granulated, Splenda
- 40g Butter, Spreadable, Lighter, Anchor
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas Mark 4. Line a
22cm (8½in) square cake tin with non-stick baking parchment.
- Place the dates in a large bowl and cover with 300ml of
boiling water and sprinkle over the bicarbonate of soda.
- Place the sugar, margarine, eggs and vanilla extract in a
food processor and blend to combine.
- Add the flour and the liquid from the dates and blend
- Add the nuts and drained dates, blend briefly until the
dates and nuts are just chopped.
- Spoon into the tin and bake for 40-50 minutes, until
golden and a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven, place on a cooling rack and remove
the lining paper.
Leave to cool before cutting into squares.