Leek and Potato Soup
Potatoes make a great base for soups since they boil down to make a thick and creamy consistency. Add a handful of chopped leeks, and a sprinkling of herbs and seasoning and you've got a simple, quick to make "old favourite".
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 Small Onion, Chopped
- 450g Leeks, Sliced
- 450g Potatoes, Diced
- 500ml Semi Skimmed Milk
- 500ml Water
- 1 tsp Herb Cubes
- Heat the oil and gently fry the onion leeks and potatoes for 3 minutes
- Pour in the milk and 500ml water, add the herbs and season
with salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- Strain the vegetables, reserving the liquid in a jug.
- Blend or liquidise the vegetables, then blend in the
- Reheat gently, adjust seasoning and serve.
If you need ideas and inspiration for low fat recipes that taste good and fill you up, take a peek into the Weight Loss Resources databases. You'll find meals, snacks, sweets and savouries, low in fat and calories, good to eat and easy to prepare. You can access the programme and databases free, for 24 hours.