Ginger Carrot Soup
By the wlr team
Bright, colourful and warming. This ginger carrot soup recipe is particularly low in fat and calories - under 80 kcal per serving - which means you can enjoy it with a lovely chunk of wholemeal bread!
If you like to spice things up a little, add a pinch of chilli flakes when you're frying the vegetables.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 40 mins
- Calories: 79
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 6 carrots, sliced
- 10g ginger, grated
- 850ml boiling water
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 2 tbsp basil
- Heat oil in a large pan. Add in onion, carrot and ginger. Let it cook for 5 minutes to soften.
- Mix up vegetable stock using water and stock cube. Add to the pan and bring to the boil.
- Cover saucepan and let it simmer for 35 minutes so that your carrots are nice and soft.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour contents of pan, into food processor and blend, adding more water if needed.
- Garnish with basil and serve.
|Fruit & Veg||1.8|
If you need ideas and inspiration for low fat recipes that taste good and fill you up, take a peek into the Weight Loss Resources databases. You'll find meals, snacks, sweets and savouries, low in fat and calories, good to eat and easy to prepare. You can access the programme and databases free, for 24 hours.