Butternut Squash Soup
Butternut squash is a deliciously sweet and creamy vegetable -
rather buttery in fact! It's wonderful roasted. This delcious
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1 medium Onion, finely chopped
- 1½ tbsp Plain Flour
- 250ml Hot Milk, semi-skimmed
- 1 Chicken Stock cube made up with 250ml water
- Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 150g Cooked Chicken, shredded
- 300g Potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 Can/200g Sweetcorn, drained
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the finely chopped
onion and fry until soft.
- Stir in the flour and cook for a further 2mins, stirring
- Remove pan from heat and stir in the hot milk and stock, a
little at a time.
- Return to the heat and slowly bring to the boil, stirring.
- Season to taste.
- Add Chicken, Potatoes and Sweetcorn, lower the heat, cover
and simmer for 25mins (or until the potatoes are tender).
- Check seasoning and serve.
You can calorie count your own recipes with the Weight
Loss Resources tools and databases. Simply input your ingredients and find out how many
calories per serving - try it free.
Take our FREE trial »