Warm Spinach & Bacon Salad with Parmesan
Spinach is well know as a healthy food, it's a great source of vitamins A & E, as well as fibre. Adding bacon and parmesan cheese to this recipe make for a really tasty, satisfying meal.
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 10 mins
- Calories: 309
- 200g Spinach, Baby Leaf, Organic, Sainsbury's
- 60g Onions, Spring, Raw, Average
- 130g Tomatoes, Fresh, Raw, Average
- 69g Bacon, Back, Unsmoked, Rindless, Average
- 1 Tbsp/15ml Oil, Olive, Extra Virgin, Asda
- 1 fl oz/30ml Vinegar, Red Wine, Tesco
- 60g Cheese, Parmesan, Grated, Marks & Spencer
- Turn on the grill to a high heat.
- Wash and chop the spinach and onions and dice the tomatoes.
- Place rashers of bacon under grill. Put olive oil in a small oven proof dish/pot and place under grill to warm.
- Once bacon is cooked, remove from grill. Slice either into thin strips or dice. Remove the olive oil and leave to stand.
- Toss bacon pieces together with spring onions and tomatoes.
- Lay the spinach on the plates. Then put the bacon, onions and tomatoes on top.
- Drizzle the warm olive oil over the salads and drizzle red wine vinegar over salads.
- To finish, sprinkle on your parmesan cheese.
|Fruit & Veg||2.6|
Use the Weight Loss Resources tools to create and calorie count healthy recipes with your favourite foods. Try it free for 24 hours.