Warm Spinach & Bacon Salad with Parmesan
Spinach is well know as a healthy food, it's a great source of vitamins A & E, as well as fibre. Adding bacon and parmesan cheese to this recipe make for a really tasty, satisfying meal.
Prep time 5 mins | serves 2 | 309 calories per serving
- 200g Baby Spinach, Fresh
- 3 Rashers Back Bacon, Fat Trimmed
- 60g Parmesan Cheese, Grated
- 2 Small Tomatoes
- 3 Spring Onions
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 30ml Red Wine Vinegar
- Place rashers of bacon under grill.
- Wash and chop spinach, divide between two plates.
- Dice tomatoes and finely chop onions
- Turn bacon.
- Put olive oil in a small oven proof dish and place under grill to warm.
- Once bacon is cooked, remove from grill, slice into thin strips (or dice).
- Toss bacon pieces together with spring onions and tomatoes, then split equally between the two plates.
- Remove oil from grill and drizzle over salads. Drizzle red wine vinegar over salads.
- To finish, sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Why not try our Spinach Omelette Recipe