Vegetable Chow Mein
Serves 2-4 | Prep 5 min |
Cooking 10 min
Nutrition Information Per Serving
|Fruit and Veg
Quick and tasty - our vegetable chow mein serves 2 as a main
meal, or 4 as a side dish, and makes a great accompaniment to
our tasty Chicken Pancakes!
- 3 Blocks Medium Egg Noodles, Sharwood's* (65g each)
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp Groundnut Oil
- 10 g Ginger Root, shredded
- 1 Clove Garlic, crushed
- 3 Shiitake Mushrooms, sliced
- 50g Mange Tout, trimmed
- 4 tsp Light Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp Dry Sherry
- Pinch of sugar
- Salad Onions
- Pak Choi
- Cook the noodles, drain and toss in the sesame oil.
- Preheat the groundnut oil in a wok until steaming, add the
ginger and garlic and stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the mushrooms and mange tout and stir fry for a
further 2-3 minutes.
- Add the pre-cooked noodles, soy sauce, sherry and sugar,
and stir fry until warmed through.
- Finally add the salad onions, pak choi and beansprouts,
mix and serve immediately.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Wok or large saucepan
You can calorie count your own low fat recipes with the Weight Loss Resources tools and databases. Simply input your ingredients and find out how many calories per serving - try it free.
Take our FREE trial »