Chicken & Spring Vegetable Stir-Fry
Serves 4 | Prep 10 min | Cooking 15 min
Nutrition Information Per Serving
|Fruit and Veg||1.0|
Stir fried chicken with fresh spring vegetables cooked in Sharwood's Black Bean Sauce - served with noodles. Quick and extremely easy... Plus one serving provides a portion of your 5-a-day fruit and veg quota!
- 100g Broccoli
- 100g Baby Sweetcorn
- 2 Chicken Breast Fillets (approx 150g each)
- 1 Bunch Spring Onions
- 2 Medium Carrots
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 34g Ginger
- 4 Blocks Medium Egg Noodles, Sharwood's
(65g each )
- 1 Jar Black Bean Stir-Fry Sauce, Sharwood's
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, add the noodles, return to the boil and simmer for 4 minutes (or per pack instructions). Drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile :
- Slice the chicken breasts into 1" chunks;
- Cut the broccoli into florets;
- Peel the ginger and cut into matchsticks;
- Trim and diagonally slice the spring onions;
- Peel the carrots and cut into matchsticks.
- Bring a second pan of water to the boil and blanch the broccoli and sweetcorn in the water for 2 minutes. Drain well.
- Heat ½ tbsp oil in the wok until smoking then add the chicken and stir-fry for 7-8 minutes (or until golden. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- Heat the remaining oil in pan and add the ginger, spring onions and carrots and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Stir in the broccoli and sweetcorn and stir-fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the pan, add the noodles and black bean sauce. Stir to coat and heat through.
- Serve immediately!
Try other sauces from the Sharwoods Stir Fry range - such as Yellow Bean or Hoi Sin with Spring Onion - for a tasty alternative.
Reduce the preparation time by buying ready-prepared vegetables.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- 2 saucepans
You can calorie count your own low fat recipes with the Weight Loss Resources tools and databases. Simply input your ingredients and find out how many calories per serving - try it free.