Chicken & Vegetable Kebabs with Noodles
Serves 4 | Prep 15 min |
Cooking 20 min
Nutrition Information Per Serving
|Fruit and Veg
Chunks of chicken, courgette, peppers and mushrooms threaded
onto skewers and coated in Sharwood's Yellow Bean Sauce, grilled
and served on a bed of spicy noodles. Delicious!
- 4 Blocks Medium Egg Noodles, Sharwoods
(65g each )
- 2 Chicken Breasts, Skinless (approx 150g each)
- 1 Jar/195g Yellow Bean Sauce, Sharwoods*
- 4 Button Mushrooms
- 1 Medium Courgette
- ½ Yellow Pepper
- ½ Red Pepper
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 Spring Onions
- 1 Red Chilli (optional)
NB: You will also need some wooden skewers.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, add the
noodles, return to the boil and simmer for 4 minutes (or per
- Cut the chicken breasts into 1" chunks
and place them into a bowl. Add ¾ jar of Yellow Bean Sauce and
stir chicken to coat. Set aside.
- Preheat grill.
- Meanwhile, quarter the mushrooms; slice the courgette into
¼" / ½cm pieces; deseed and slice the pepper into 1" squares.
- Take each of the wooden skewers and make up the kebabs,
starting each with a quarter of mushroom and then alternating
chicken, courgette and pepper (as you wish), and ending each
with another quarter of mushroom.
- Place the kebabs onto the
grillpan and cook for 10-15 minutes, turning frequently, until
chicken is cooked.
- Once kebabs are cooked, heat the oil to smoking point in a
wok, carefully add the spring onions and chilli and stirfry
for 1 minute. Add the noodles and remaining sauce and stir to
coat. Heat through.
- Serve kebabs on bed of noodles and eat
Try other sauces from the Sharwoods Stir Fry range - such as
Black Bean or Hoi Sin with Spring Onion - for a tasty alternative.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Glass bowl
- Wooden Skewers
- Wok or large saucepan
You can calorie count your own low fat recipes with the Weight Loss Resources tools and databases. Simply input your ingredients and find out how many calories per serving - try it free.
Take our FREE trial »