Chicken & Vegetable Kebabs with Noodles
By the wlr team
Chunks of chicken, courgette, peppers and mushrooms threaded onto skewers and coated in Sharwood's Yellow Bean Sauce, grilled and served on a bed of spicy noodles. Delicious!
- Recipe makes: 4 kebabs
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 20 mins
- Calories: 411
- 4 x 65g blocks egg noodles
- 300g chicken breast, skinless and boneless
- 200g yellow bean sauce
- 50g button mushrooms
- 50g courgette
- ½ yellow pepper
- ½ red pepper
- 110g spring onions
- 1 red chilli pepper
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Glass bowl
- Wooden Skewers
- Wok or large saucepan
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, add the noodles, return to the boil and simmer for 4 minutes (or per pack instructions). Drain and keep warm.
- Turn the grill onto a medium high heat.
- Soak the wooden skewers (if using)
- Cut the chicken breasts into 2.5cm (1") chunks and place them into a bowl. Add ¾ jar of Yellow Bean Sauce and stir the chicken to coat. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, quarter the mushrooms; slice the courgette into ½cm (¼”) pieces; deseed and slice the pepper into 2.5cm (1") squares.
- Take each of the wooden skewers and make up the kebabs, starting each with a quarter of mushroom and then alternating chicken, courgette and pepper (as you wish), and ending each with another quarter of mushroom.
- Place the kebabs onto the grill pan and cook for 10-15 minutes, turning frequently, until chicken is cooked.
- Once kebabs are cooked, heat the oil to smoking point in a wok, carefully add the spring onions and chilli and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the noodles and remaining sauce and stir to coat. Heat through.
- Serve kebabs on bed of noodles and eat immediately!
Try other sauces from the Sharwoods Stir Fry range - such as Black Bean or Hoi Sin with Spring Onion - for a tasty alternative.
|Fruit & Veg||0.9|
You can calorie count your own low fat recipes with the Weight Loss Resources tools and databases. Simply input your ingredients and find out how many calories per serving - try it free.