Christmas Shortbread Stars
A bit of fun to liven up the table and, at only 31.4 cals a piece, a nice treat.
- Recipe makes: 40 biscuits
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 12 mins
- Calories: 63
- 250g plain flour
- 175g butter
- 75g caster sugar
- 1 tbsp orange peel
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp icing sugar
- 2 tsp water
- Place the butter and flour into a bowl and rub together until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients along with 2 tsp of cold water and combine to form a ball.
- Roll out onto a lightly floured surface to a thickness of 2.5mm. Using a 4cm star cutter, cut out approx 40 stars.
- Place the stars onto baking sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes until golden.
- Mix together the cinnamon and icing sugar and lightly dust over the biscuits.
|Fruit & Veg||0.0|
You can calorie count your own low fat recipes with the Weight Loss Resources tools and databases. Simply input your ingredients and find out how many calories per serving try it free.