Low Fat Christmas Pudding
By the wlr team
Enjoy a portion of Christmas pudding without worrying about how much fat it contains.
- Recipe makes: 10 servings
- Prep time:
8 hrs 30 mins
- Cook time: 3 hrs
- Calories: 219
- 75g Currants, Average
- 75g Sultanas, Average
- 115g Raisins, Seedless, Average
- 50ml Brandy, 37.5% Volume, Average
- 75g Cherries, Glace, Average
- 75g Flour, White, Self Raising, Average
- 1g Cinnamon, Ground, Average
- 50g Breadcrumbs, Average
- 50g Sugar, Light Muscovado, Sainsbury's
- 115g Apples, Sliced, Average
- 115g Carrots, Grated, Asda
- 2Fls oz/60ml Milk, Skimmed, Average
- 60ml Brandy, 37.5% Volume, Average
- 1 Tsp/2g Lemon, Peel, Raw, Average
- 1 Tsp/2g Oranges, Peel Only, Raw, Average
- 10ml Juice, Lemon, Fresh, Average
- 111g Eggs, Free Range, Medium, Average, Weight with Shell
- 2 Tbsps/40g Molasses, Average
1. First of all soak the dried fruit in the brandy overnight.
2. Shake the cherries in the flour and add mixed spice, cinnamon, breadcrumbs and sugar.
3. Mix in the grated zest, apple and carrot along with the lemon juice. Add the soaked fruit.
4. Beat the eggs with the milk and molasses, slowly add to the mixture, stirring well. Mix gently but thoroughly.
5. Place in a 1.2litre ovenproof dish. If you wish to microwave the pudding, place an upturned place over the dish and microwave on high for 5 minutes. Leave to stand for 5 minutes, then microwave for a further 5 minutes. If you wish to steam the pudding, cover with foil or pudding cloth, and then steam gently for 3 hours.
6. Once cooked allow to cool and then wrap in foil and leave in a cool dry place until required.
7. Before reheating, ***** the pudding severaltimes and pour some more brandy over the top. Steam for 1-2 hours or microwave on high for 10 mins.
|Fruit & Veg||0.8|
You can calorie count your own low fat recipes with the Weight Loss Resources tools and databases. Simply input your ingredients and find out how many calories per serving try it free.