You can prepare this lovely cake and enjoy every mouthful.
- Recipe makes: 15 slices
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 2 hrs 30 mins
- Calories: 226
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- 120g black treacle
- 120g margarine
- 3 eggs
- ¼ tsp salt
- 5g five spice
- 150g plain flour
- 120g sultanas
- 120g raisins
- 120g currants
- 120g glace cherries
- 2 tbsp sherry
- 1 tbsp orange peel
Preheat oven to 150°C / Gas Mark 2 / 300°F
- Grease an 18cm (7") cake tin with the sunflower oil, line with baking parchment.
- In a large bowl beat together the treacle and margarine. Gradually adding the eggs, pinch of salt and mixed spice. Sift the flour and add also.
- Add the dried fruits, cherries, sherry and zest and juice of one orange. Fold in gently.
- Turn the mixture into the prepared tin and level the surface, making a slight dip in the centre.
- Bake in the oven for approx 2 - 2.5 hours. Place a piece of greaseproof paper over the top if it becomes too brown.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes. When cool wrap in foil or greaseproof paper and store in an airtight container.
|Fruit & Veg||0.4|
You can calorie count your own low fat recipes with the Weight Loss Resources tools and databases. Simply input your ingredients and find out how many calories per serving - try it free.