Chocolate Pancake Mix
By WLR's Food Information Executive, Laurence Beeken
Delicious served with 50g canned black cherries (33 calories) and/or low fat crème fraiche (54 cals per tbsp).
Nutrition Information Per Pancake
- 6¼ oz/175g plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Tsp caster sugar
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 medium eggs
- 3 floz/90ml water
- 7 floz/210ml skimmed milk
- 1 cal sunflower cooking spray (20 sprays)
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, sugar and a good pinch of salt into a mixing-bowl, make a well in the centre, and add the whole eggs.
- Mix the milk and water together, then start to add the milk mixture to the egg and draw in the flour very gradually.
- When half the milk/water mix has been added, beat well then add the remainder of the milk.
- Cover and keep in a cool place for 30 minutess before using.
- Heat a frying pan over a high heat until hot.
- Once the pan is hot, reduce heat to medium and spray pan with 2 sprays of oil per pancake.
- Add enough batter mix to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Check when edges become loose (about 45 seconds) and the batter has solidified, then with a pan slice, turn the pancake over.
- Cook the second side for 30 seconds or so until the pancake is loose.
- Remove from pan onto a plate and keep warm* whilst you make remaining pancakes.
*(Layer pancakes onto a plate with greaseproof paper between and place plate over a pan of simmering water).
More Pancake Recipes
The Weight Loss Resources’ Recipe Database has over 4,000 tasty, calorie controlled recipes for you to try. Try the Recipe Database free for 24 hours.