Basic Pancake Mix
By WLR's Food Information Executive, Laurence Beeken
Our basic pancake batter makes 10 pancakes - just right to try all our lovely sweet and savoury fillings!
- 4oz/112g Plain Flour
- 2 Med Eggs
- 7fl oz/210 ml Semi Skimmed Milk
- 3fl oz/90 ml Water
- 20 sprays low cal Olive Oil Spray
- Combine the milk and water
- Sift the flour into a bowl.
- Make a well in the middle and break the eggs into it.
- Begin whisking the eggs incorporating flour as you do so.
- Gradually add the milk and water mixture, still whisking, until all the liquid has been added and you have formed a smooth batter.
- Heat a frying pan over a high heat until hot.
- While the pan is heating, Â measure 2 tbsp of batter into a ladle ready for making your first pancake (note how full the ladle is to avoid having to re-measure for further pancakes).
- Once the pan is hot, reduce heat to medium.
- Spray pan with 2 spray of oil per pancake.
- Add the pre measured batter mix to centre of pan, and tip from side to side to evenly coat the bottom.
- Check when edges become loose (about 20 seconds) and the batter has solidified, then with a pan slice, turn the pancake over.
- Cook the second side for few seconds.
- Remove from pan onto a plate and keep warm* whilst you make remaining pancakes.
*(Layer pancakes onto a plate with greaseproof paper between and place plate over a pan of simmering water).
More Pancake Recipes
The Weight Loss Resources’ Recipe Database has over 4,000 tasty, calorie controlled recipes for you to try. Try the Recipe Database free for 24 hours.