Pasta and Vegetable Soup
Prep time 15 mins | serves 6 | 153 calories per serving
- 50 g Carrots, Whole, Raw, Peeled, Average
- 1 Med Stalk/40g Celery, Raw, Average
- 90 g Onions, Raw, Average
- 100 g Lentils, Green Or Brown, Dried, Average
- 90 g Courgette, Raw, Average
- 200 g Tomatoes, Peeled Tinned, Co-Op
- 1 Tbsp/15ml Oil, Rapeseed, Average
- 1 Cube/6.6g Stock Cubes, Vegetable, Oxo
- 1 Portion/100g Risoni, Carrefour
- Cook sliced onion in the oil until soft, add thinly sliced carrots, celery and 2 tbsp of water, cook until tender. Add thinly sliced courgette and cook until soft, add the lentils stir and add tomatoes simmer adding broth as needed.
- When the lentils are cooked allow to cool a little then liquidize the whole lot. Pour into a saucepan, bring to the boil, add pasta shapes and boil for approx 10 mins. Adding more broth if needed and stirring occasionally to prevent the pasta sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Once the pasta is al dente, turn off the gas and leave to cool until it reached a comfortable eating temp stirring occasionally. Add salt & pepper to taste and serve.
Almost as thick as a sauce but very impressive either way. Lots of great flavours and made a meal of by adding the pasta.