by Linzi Newton
- 852 ml Water, Mineral Or Tap
- 100 g Chicken Broth, Baxters
- 200 g Potatoes, White, Raw, Weighed With Skin, Flesh Only,
- 40 g Carrots, Whole, Raw, Peeled, Average
- 40 g Parsnip, Raw, Unprepared, Average
- 1 Med Onion/90g Onions, Raw, Average
- 2 Med Stalk/80g Celery, Raw, Average
- For this recipe you will need the bones of 1 whole
chicken, you need to boil the bones in the water for about an
hour. Once you have done this strain off the bones and leave to
- Once the broth is then cool skim off the fat that will of
raised to the top. This reduces the calories, however there will
be some calories from the bones so I have accounted for this by
adding some chicken broth to the recipe.
- Once you have skimmed off the fat add in the thinly sliced
potato, parsnip, carrot, celery & Onion. Then put the whole lot
into the blender and wizz until smooth.
- Finally to finish put the soup back into the pan and add
salt & pepper to your taste.
Smooth and delicate chicken taste. Good consistency, lots of
flavour and very few calories.