Squash & Leek Soup
by Sarah Russell
Prep time 15 mins | serves 4 | 76 calories per serving
- 2 Tsp/10ml Oil, Olive, Average
- 1 Med Onion/180g Onions, Raw, Average
- 90 g Leeks, Raw, Unprepared, Average
- 1 Clove/3g Garlic, Raw
- 1 Tsp/5g Seeds, Coriander, Ground, Schwartz
- 1 Tsp/5g Seeds, Cumin, Ground, Schwartz
- 225 g Squash, Butternut, Raw, Unprepared, Average
- 1 Cube/7g Stock Cubes, Vegetable
- 600 ml Water, Mineral Or Tap
- Heat oil in a saucepan and sauté leeks, garlic and onion. Add the ground spices and cook for about 1 minute.
- Stir in squash and add the stock and black pepper to taste. Cover and simmer for 25 mis until the vegetables are cooked and tender.
- Remove pan from heat and puree with the blender.
Simple, a delicious mildly spiced healthy and tasty soup!
Lots of flavour going on here; creamy, mildly spicy a little bit of sweetness. Very good.