Bacon & Sweetcorn Soup
By the wlr team
A great blend of textures and flavours. Smooth and creamy with some chunky veg.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 25 mins
- Calories: 231
- 116g smoked back bacon
- 126g onions
- 131g celery
- 367g potatoes
- 28g vegetable stock cubes
- 1.2 litres water
- 10 pumps olive oil spray
- 165g sweetcorn
- 140ml single cream
- Chop the bacon roughly, peel & chop the onions and celery finely, peel & chop the potatoes into bite size chunks and make up the stock with the water.
- Dry fry the bacon in a large saucepan for approx 5 mins (until cooked how you like it - I like mine crispy) then set aside.
- Spray a pan using the 1Kcal spray and fry onions and celery for 5 mins until tender.
- Add the potato, onions and celery to the pan and add in the made up stock.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 mins.
- Finally add the bacon, sweetcorn & cream and simmer for a further 2-3 mins until piping hot.
Ladel even amounts into 4 bowls and enjoy!
|Fruit & Veg||1.4|
You can calorie count your own recipes for soups or any other meals with the food diary tools in Weight Loss Resources. Try it free for 24 hours.