Bacon & Sweetcorn Soup
by Helen Bowden
Prep time 20 mins | serves 4 | 231 calories per serving
- 116 g Bacon, Smoked Back, Extra Lean, Asda
- 126 g Onions, Raw, Average
- 131 g Celery, Raw, Average
- 367 g Potatoes, White, British, Asda
- 28 g Stock Cubes, Vegetable, Knorr
- 165 g Corn, Salad Crisp, Green Giant
- 140 ml Cream, Single, Light, Elmlea
- Chop the bacon roughly and dry fry in a large saucepan for approx 5 mins (until cooked how you like it - I like mine crispy) then set aside.
- Chop onions and celery finely, then in the same pan use 1Kcal spray and fry onions and celery for 5 mins until tender.
- Meanwhile, peel and chop potatoes into bitesize chunks. Add the potato, onions and celery to the pan and add in the stock made up with 1.2 litres of water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 mins.
4. Finally add the bacon, sweetcorn & cream and simmer for a further 2-3 mins until piping hot.
5. Ladle even amounts into 4 bowls and enjoy!
A great blend of textures and flavours. Smooth and creamy with some chunky veg.