Zingy Orange Sorbet Recipe
By the wlr team
You don't need an ice cream maker to make sorbet, but the texture of the finished sorbet will not be as smooth without one. Place the mixture in a container and pop it in the freezer for 3-4 hours. Mix the sorbet regularly with a fork as it freezes, or process it in a food processor once frozen.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Calories: 189
- 150g caster sugar
- 225ml water
- 344ml orange juice
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Wash and dry the oranges
- Grate the rind off two of the oranges and set aside
- Place the water and sugar in a saucepan and heat up, once the sugar has dissolved add the rind to the mixture and leave to boil for 5 minutes
- Juice all four oranges and the two lemons (If you wish to keep the orange shells for presentation remove the remaining membrane and pop in the freezer).
- Add the juice to the pan mixture and then strain the whole lot to get rid of the orange rind.
- Place the mixture into your ice cream/sorbet maker and leave to churn for 30 minutes or until the required consistency is achieved. Alternatively place mixture in a container for 3-4 hours stirring occasionally.
- Serve in generous scoops
If making in advance you will need to leave the frozen sorbet to defrost for 20-30 minutes before it is soft enough to serve. If the sorbet has not been frozen by an ice cream/sorbet maker it may be advisable to pop it in a food mixer to get the required consistence before serving.
|Fruit & Veg||1.3|
Find out what’s in the food you eat and browse our extensive recipe database for ideas. All recipes have complete nutrition info and can be easily added to your daily food diary. Try it free for 24 hours.