Sweet Lemon Sorbet Recipe
By the wlr team
You don't need an ice cream maker to make sorbet, but the texture of the finished sorbet will not be as smooth without one. Place the mixture in a container and pop it in the freezer for 3-4 hours. Mix the sorbet regularly with a fork as it freezes, or process it in a food processor once frozen.
- Recipe makes: 6 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Calories: 117
- 1 pint water
- 170g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs - whites only
- 4 lemons
- Dissolve the sugar in the water over a high heat. Allow to boil for 2 minutes before removing from the heat and popping in the fridge to cool.
- Grate the rind off of 4 lemons, and then add to the cooling sugar water to infuse for 10 minutes.
- Juice the four lemons and add to the sugar water.
- Once the 10 minutes of infusing are up, strain the lemon mixture to get rid of the rind, and pop in your sorbet makers or freezer.
- Once the mixture has started to crystallise and become more solid, beat the egg whites till they are stiff and fold into mixture.
- Continue to freeze until sorbet reaches the required consistency.
|Fruit & Veg||0.3|
Find out what’s in the food you eat and browse our extensive recipe database for ideas. All recipes have complete nutrition info and can be easily added to your daily food diary. Try it free for 24 hours.