Tuna Nicoise Salad Pitta
by Anne Levy
Unless you have any strong objections to anchovies, olives or capers this is a wonderful and filling pitta with many great flavours to discover.
- Recipe makes: 1 serving
- Cook time: 20 mins
- Calories: 352
- 1 Pitta/58g Bread, Pitta, Wholemeal, Tesco
- 10g Rocket, Fresh, Raw, Average
- 40g Olives, Black, Pitted, Average
- 8g Capers, Fragata
- 7.5g Mayonnaise, Extra Light, Now Only 3% Fat, Hellmann's
- ½ Egg/25g Eggs, Medium, Boiled, Average, Weight with Shell
- ½ Can /65g Tuna, Chunks, in Brine, Drained, Average
- 1 Small/91g Tomatoes, Fresh, Raw, Average
- 1 Serving/10g Anchovies, Salted, Finest, Tesco
- 1 Tbsp/5g Basil, Fresh, Average
1. Slice a wholemeal pitta in half and half fill each pocket with rocket.
2. Cook 1 egg so it is hard boiled.
3. While this is cooking chop up olives, tomato, and anchovy.
4. In a bowl combine ½ a small can of tuna in brine, drained and flaked. With 5 chopped black olives, 1 chopped tomato, 1 chopped anchovy, ½ Tbsp of Capers, 3 basil leaves torn, and ½ Tsp of very low fat mayonnaise.
5. Pile into pitta halves.
6. Top each pitta pocket with a few slices of hard boiled egg.
|Fruit & Veg||1.9|
You can calorie count your own recipes for sandwiches or any other foods with the food diary tools in Weight Loss Resources. You can try it free for 24 hours.