Mozzarella, Avocado, Peach and Bacon Salad
By the wlr team Member, Jennifer Staves - Salad Competition Winner!
"My favourite thing about this salad is the peach, oil-less vinaigrette. The flavours are amazing - so alive. You can use other fruits too - grapes work well!" says JENBY, Salad Competition Winner
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 5 mins
- Calories: 446
- 8 rashers smoked back bacon
- 160g spinach leaves
- 1 avocado
- 1 x 120g ball reduced fat Mozzarella cheese
- 3 peaches
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 10 basil leaves
- Place the 8 rashers of bacon under the grill - I like them crispy, but grill them to your liking.
- Meanwhile, divide the spinach leaves between 2 large bowls and tear over the mozzarella.
- Peel and slice the avocado and share between your bowls.
- Destone the peaches, slice 2 of them and mash the third.
- Scatter the sliced peaches onto your salad leaves.
- Make the dressing: simply combine mashed peach, lemon juice and basil leaves with salt and pepper - use a hand blender to blitz until nice and smooth.
- Drizzle the dressing over the top of the salad and top with the bacon rashers.
If you prefer toss the salad leaves in the dressing first, then add the avocado, mozzarella, peaches and bacon.
|Fruit & Veg||4.5|
Create your own low calorie recipes with the Weight Loss Resources food databases and tools. You can keep a food diary and see how many calories, and how much fat, you need each day. Try it free for 24 hours.