Roasted Vegetable Lasagne
At only 366 calories per serving this low calorie roasted vegetable lasagne is the perfect dish to share with loved ones. Gather round and dig in to this traditional Italian dish.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 1 hr 10 mins
- Calories: 366
- 1 small aubergine
- 240g courgette
- 400g cherry tomatoes
- 1 yellow pepper
- 90g onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 500ml skimmed milk
- 25g plain flour
- 25g sauce flour
- 30g Parmesan cheese
- 60g mozzarella
- 9 lasagne sheets
Preheat oven to 190°C / Gas Mark 5 / 375°F
- Cut aubergine and courgettes into small cubes, pop into colander, sprinkle with salt and shake.
- Pierce tomato with sharp knife. Halve and chop peppers and onions into small cubes.
- Peel and crush the garlic.
- Add 5-6 tomatoes into a bowl of boiling water, remove once skins split. Cool and then peel and place in baking tray, repeat for all tomatoes.
- Place aubergines and courgettes onto paper towels and dab to dry, add to roasting tray with tomatoes, add peppers and onions.
- Sprinkle crushed garlic and pepper over top, with oil and roast for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make sauce by mixing milk and flour, heat on a medium heat stirring until bubbling and thickening, reduce to a simmer and stir for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle in parmesan, keep mixing.
- Assemble layers of lasagne, use a quarter of the sauce, a third of the veg, a third of the mozzarella then 3 lasagne sheets
- Repeat layers twice more and top with last quarter of sauce and parmesan.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve with salad.
This dish freezes extremely well. Make up four individual portions in foil trays and freeze prior to cooking. Defrost overnight in refrigerator, and cook for 25-30 minutes at 190°C.
|Fruit & Veg||3.7|
You can access the calorie database and keep an online food diary, free for 24 hours