Vegetable and Turkey Fajitas
A tasty dish that's quick to prepare, our vegetable and turkey fajitas make a great mid-week meal. Make them without the turkey for a tasty vegetarian alternative!
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 10 mins
- Calories: 350
- 1 aubergine
- 1 courgette
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 300g turkey breast, skinless
- 50g low fat sour cream
- 8 x 7" tortillas
- 170g low fat salsa
Preheat oven to 190°C / Gas Mark 5 / 375°F
- Pre-warm 2 oven-proof dishes.
- Place the tortillas onto a plate and cover with cling film (ready to microwave at last minute).
- Top and tail the aubergine and courgette; de-seed the pepper; halve and peel the onion - cut all vegetables into thin strips 1cm (½") wide.
- Cut the turkey breast into thins strips 1½cm (¾") wide.
- In a large bowl mix ½ tbsp olive oil, lemon juice, crushed garlic and chilli powder together.
- Take the turkey breast into and add to the bowl and stir until all sides are coated. Set aside in the refrigerator to marinate.
- Heat a wok over a hot heat. Add ½ tbsp oil and, when smoking, add the vegetables (with great care!) Stir fry for 5 minutes, or until vegetables soften and turn brown around edges. Remove from wok to oven-proof dish and pop in oven to keep warm.
- Alternatively, wrap in foil and place in the oven.
- Heat the remaining ½ tbsp olive in the wok, add the turkey and stir fry for 3-4 minutes (or until browned on the outside and white on the inside). Once cooked, remove from wok to remaining oven-proof dish.
- Heat the tortillas in the microwave for 1 minute (or remove pre-warmed tortillas from oven)
- These fajitas are best served ready to wrap - with each person taking an eighth of the vegetables, an eighth of the turkey, a large teaspoon of salsa and small teaspoon of sour cream per tortilla.
Vegetarian Option: Make this dish without the turkey for a tasty vegetarian alternative. Simply prepare the vegetables as above and toss them in the chilli/lemon juice/garlic/oil mixture to coat. Stir fry and serve as above.
These fajitas are equally delicious cold. Pop any remaining turkey, vegetables, etc into the refrigerator and assemble as above for a tasty sandwich alternative!
|Fruit & Veg||1.5|
You can access the calorie database and keep an online food diary, free for 24 hours