Vegetable and Turkey Fajitas
A tasty dish that's quick to prepare, our vegetable and turkey
fajitas make a great mid-week meal. Make them without the turkey
for a tasty vegetarian alternative!
- 300g Turkey Breast, Skinless
- ½ Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Clove Garlic, Crushed
- ½ Tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Small Aubergine
- 1 Medium Courgette
- 1 Medium Yellow Pepper
- 1 Medium Onion
- 8 7" Tortillas
- 170g Pot Low Fat Salsa
- 50g Low Fat Sour Cream
- In a large bowl mix ½ tbsp olive oil, lemon juice, crushed
garlic and chilli powder together.
- Cut the turkey breast into thins strips 1½cm (¾") wide.
Add to the bowl and stir until all sides are coated. Set aside
in the refrigerator to marinate.
- Meanwhile, top and tail the aubergine and courgette;
de-seed the pepper; halve and peel the onion - cut all
vegetables into thin strips 1cm (½") wide.
- Preheat oven to 190oC
and pre-warm 2 oven-proof dishes.
- Heat a wok over a hot heat. Add ½ tbsp oil and, when
smoking, add the vegetables (with great care!) Stir fry for 5 minutes,
or until vegetables soften and turn brown around edges. Remove
from wok to oven-proof dish and pop in oven to keep warm.
- Place the tortillas onto a plate and cover with clingfilm
(ready to microwave at last minute). Alternatively, wrap in
foil and place in the oven.
- Heat the remaining ½ tbsp olive in the wok, add the turkey and stir fry for 3-4 minutes (or until
browned on the outside and white on the inside). Once cooked
remove from wok to remaining oven-proof dish.
- Heat the tortillas in the microwave for 1 minute (or
remove pre-warmed tortillas from oven)
- These fajitas are best served ready to wrap - with each
person taking an eighth of the vegetables, an eighth of the
turkey, a large teaspoon of salsa and small teaspoon of sour
cream per tortilla. (NB: 2 tortillas each!)
||Make this dish without the turkey for a tasty vegetarian
alternative. Simply prepare the vegetables as above and toss them in
the chilli/lemon juice/garlic/oil mixture to coat. Stir fry and
serve as above.
|Equally Delicious Cold!
||These fajitas are equally delicious cold. Pop and remaining
turkey, vegetables, etc into the refrigerator and assemble as above
for a tasty sandwich alternative!
- Teaspoon, tablespoon
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Glass bowl
- 2 Oven-proof dishes (optional)