Crunchy Gooseberry Dessert
- 40g Butter, Spreadable, Reduced Fat, Lighter, Lurpak*
- 100g Ginger Nuts, Fox's* (crushed)
- 450g Gooseberries,, Raw
- 4tbsp/48g Caster Sugar
- 60ml Water
- 1fl oz/30ml Elderflower Cordial, Undiluted, Waitrose*
- 1 Sm Tub/200ml Half Fat Creme Fraiche, Waitrose*
- 200g Natural Low Fat Yoghurt, Rachel's Organic*
- Melt the butter and add the crushed up ginger biscuits. Mix thoroughly and leave to cool.
- Top and tail the gooseberries and place in a pan with the water and caster sugar. Simmer for around 10-15 minutes until the fruit is soft. Leave to cool.
- Once cool add the cordial then remove half of the fruit. Mash the rest and add the creme fraiche and yoghurt, mix together.
- Spoon the mix into glasses and layer with the biscuit, top with the remaining gooseberries and chill.
WLR has an extensive range of low-fat and low calorie recipes to help you follow a healthy, balanced diet. Try it free for 24 hours.