Griddled Salmon with Fresh Tomato Sauce
Appearances can be deceptive! This simple salmon dishes won't leave you slaving in the kitchen, yet looks sophisticated enough for guests (and tastes delicious too!)
Serves 2 | 456 calories per serving
- 2 x 140g Salmon Fillets
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Lemons, juiced
- 2 Small Onions, chopped
- 2 Large Tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- Balsamic Vinegar, to taste
- 200g Mixed Salad
- Preheat griddle pan.
- Score the skin of the salmon; rub salmon on both sides, using half the oil.
- Place salmon carefully into griddle and cook for 2-3 minutes. Rotate fish through 90° (to create the checkerboard effect) and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Whilst cooking, preheat a second saucepan / frying pan.
- Turn the fish onto other side and repeat as step 3.
- Heat the remaining oil in second pan, add the onion and cook until softens. Add the tomato and saute for further 2-3 minutes. Add a dash of balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the salmon on the bed of tomato sauce and accompany with crispy, mixed salad.
- Griddle pan (frying pan)
- Frying pan (saucepan)
- Tablespoon, teaspoon