Griddled Salmon with Fresh Tomato Sauce
By the wlr team
Appearances can be deceptive! This simple salmon dishes won't leave you slaving in the kitchen, yet looks sophisticated enough for guests (and tastes delicious too!)
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Cook time: 20 mins
- Calories: 456
- 2 x 140g salmon fillet
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 120g onion
- 170g tomatoes
- 1 x 200g pack crisp mixed salad
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat griddle pan.
- Peel and chop the onion.
- Score the skin of the salmon; rub salmon on both sides with half of the oil.
- Place the Salmon carefully on griddle and cook for 2-3 minutes. Rotate fish through 90 degrees (to create the checkerboard effect) and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Whilst cooking, preheat a second saucepan/frying pan.
- Turn the fish on to other side and repeat step 3
- Heat the remaining oil in second pan, add the onion and cook until softens.
- Add the tomato and saute for further 2-3 minutes. Add a dash of balsamic vinegar. Season with the salt and pepper to tast.
- Serve the Salmon on the bed of tomato sauce and accompany with crisp, mixed salad.
|Fruit & Veg||3.5|
You can calorie count your own recipes with the Weight Loss Resources tools and databases. Simply input your ingredients and find out how many calories per serving. Try it free for 24 hours…