Spicy Tiger Prawn Stir Fry
By the wlr team
More meaty than fishy, tiger prawns are the perfect choice of seafood for beginners! For prawn lovers, this superbly spicy dish is bursting with flavour and great fun to prepare. Once you start stir frying things can get a little frantic, so it's best to have all ingredients prepared and to hand! And don't forget to enjoy the aroma as it all fuses together. Delicious!
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 15 mins
- Calories: 320
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 60g onion
- 100g chinese cabbage
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 10g chilli, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp ginger
- 4 spring onions
- 200g tiger prawns, cooked and peeled
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 10 tsp chinese rice wine
- 2 x 65g blocks egg noodles
- Bring a pan of water to the boil; add the noodles and return to boil then simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Drain and return to pan, drizzle with ½ tsp sesame oil and shake to coat. Set aside.
- Prepare the ingredients:
Peel and slice the red onion into half moons,
Shred the Chinese cabbage (leaf),
Juice ½ a lime,
Measure out all other ingredients.
- Heat a wok (or large pan) over a hot heat; add remaining sesame oil; once smoking, add the chillies, garlic, and ginger. Stir fry for half a minute.
- Next add the red onion, spring onions and prawns. Stir fry for 3-4 minutes (until prawns turn deliciously browned around the edges)
- Add the Chinese cabbage (leaf), lime juice, soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce, pre-cooked noodles and sherry (or rice wine if available) rice wine. Stir fry for a further 3-4 minutes or until noodles are heated through.
- Serve immediately
Substitute bean sprouts if Chinese leaf is not available
Substitute dry sherry if rice wine is not available
|Fruit & Veg||1.4|
WLR has an extensive range of low-fat and low calorie recipes to help you follow a healthy, balanced diet. Try it free for 24 hours.