Spicy Tiger Prawn Stir Fry
By the wlr team
Bursting with flavour and great fun to prepare, this ginger, garlic and chilli stir fry is full of delicious Asian flavours - all for only 320 calories.
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 15 mins
- Calories: 320
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 60g red onion, peeled and sliced
- 100g chinese cabbage, shredded
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 med red chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 200g tiger prawns, cooked and peeled
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 10 tsp chinese rice wine
- 2 x 65g blocks egg noodles
- ½ red pepper, sliced
- ½ yellow pepper, sliced
- Bring a pan of water to the boil; add the noodles and return to boil then simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Drain and return to pan, drizzle with ½ tsp sesame oil and shake to coat. Set aside.
- Heat a wok (or large pan) over a hot heat; add remaining sesame oil; once smoking, add the chillies, garlic, and ginger. Stir fry for half a minute.
- Next add the red onion, spring onions and prawns. Stir fry for 3-4 minutes (until prawns turn deliciously browned around the edges)
- Add the Chinese cabbage (leaf), lime juice, soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce, pre-cooked noodles and rice wine. Stir fry for a further 3-4 minutes or until noodles are heated through.
- Serve immediately
Substitute bean sprouts if Chinese leaf is not available
Substitute dry sherry if rice wine is not available
|Fruit & Veg||1.4|
WLR has an extensive range of low-fat and low calorie recipes to help you follow a healthy, balanced diet. Try it free for 24 hours.