Mackerel with Teriyaki Sauce
Low calorie, but super tasty, this sticky teriyaki mackerel with noodles is rather moreish.
Prep time 5 mins | serves 4 | 452 calories per serving
- 455g (1lb) Mackerel Fillets, fresh or defrosted
- 1 x 150g Jar Teriyaki Sauce, Sharwoods*
- 2.5cm / 1" piece of root ginger, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 x 65g Blocks, Noodles, Egg, Medium, Sharwoods*
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 350g Stir Fry Vegetables & Beansprouts, M&S*
- 1 tbsp Olive or Sesame Oil
- Preheat the grill
- Bring a large pan of water to boil
- Lay the fillets on the grill pan. Mix the Teriyaki sauce with the ginger and garlic and spread over the fillets.
- Cook the fillets under a moderate heat for 6-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile add noodles to pan of boiling water, return to boil and simmer.
- Heat wok until smoking; add 1 tbsp oil and stir fry vegetables for 3-4 minutes.
- Drain the noodles, toss in remaining teaspoon Sesame oil.
- Remove mackerel from grill and serve on bed of noodles with stir-fried vegetables on side.
- Teaspoon, tablespoon
Courtesy of the Sea Fish Industry Authority. For more great tasting seafood recipes, visit the Seafish website