by WLR Member, Emma Widdowson
A surprising yet extremely effective use of chick peas. Nice subtle flavour. If you need it, the quark can take the edge of any sweetness. Plus it's low calorie.
- Recipe makes: 8 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 25 mins
- Calories: 86
- 5 pumps olive oil spray
- 250g canned chick peas
- 3 eggs
- 25g sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100g Quark cheese
- Pre heat oven to 180C/350F/gas mark 4.
- Spray a 7 inch cake tin with fry light and leave to one side.
- Drain the chick peas and rinse thoroughly with water.
- Place the chick peas in a blender and blend until smooth then add the eggs and blend again.
- Add the sweetener, vanilla extract and baking powder.
- Blend again until mixed in.
- Place the mixture in the tin and bake in the oven for 20 mins or until it has risen and is firm to touch.
- Take out the oven and leave to cool.
- Whilst the cake is cooling place one tub of quark in a bowl and add sweetener to taste then mix together.
- Once the cake has cooled cut in half and add half the quark mixture then sandwich the 2 cake halves together.
- Spread the remaining quark on top of the cake and add some fresh fruit for decoration.
|Fruit & Veg||0.4|
Use the WLR Exercise Diary to log any exercise that you do and how vigorously you do it. See what a difference good music can make to your exercise routines!Try the Exercise Diary free for 24 hours.