Bran & Cereal Loaf
by Joyce Ranger
Moist and sweet. A good foundation on which to build a lower calorie Christmas cake.
- Recipe makes: 15 servings
- Prep time:
2 hrs 30 mins
- Cook time: 1 hr 15 mins
- Calories: 111
- 90g Breakfast Cereal, All Bran, Asda
- 65g Breakfast Cereal, Muesli, Fruit, Tesco
- 45g Breakfast Cereal, Porridge, Superfoods, Jordans
- 70g Sultanas, Average
- 70g Currants, Average
- 1 Serving/50g Prunes, Dried, Average
- 426ml Milk, Semi Skimmed, Average
- 75g Flour, White, Self Raising, Be-Ro
- 62.6g Eggs, Large, Average, Weight with Shell
- 2 Servings/4g Sugar, Light Brown, Soft, Silver Spoon
1. Pre heat oven to 160C/350F/gas mark 4.
2. In a large bowl mix all cereal and fruit together, cover with enough milk to soak (for about 2 hours).
3. Mix in the egg and then the flour mix well.
4. Pour into loaf tin or cake tin and sprinkle sugar on the top.
5. Bake for about 1 hr 15 mins or until firm to touch. Leave in tin until cooled.
Serve cold as it is or with yoghurt or spread.
|Fruit & Veg||0.2|
You can calorie count your own recipes with the Weight Loss Resources tools and databases. Try it free for 24 hours.