Chicken Mince Kebabs
by Aasia Bib
Great for cooking on the BBQ (weather permitting) , these chicken mince kebabs are lovely served with a squeeze of lemon and a yoghurt dip made with mint, a crushed clove of garlic and more coriander for garnish.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 10 mins
- Calories: 179
- 1 green pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 aubergine
- 5g coriander leaves
- 1 large egg white
- 500g chicken mince
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 red pepper
- Light the barbecue or preheat the grill to a high heat.
- Prepare the vegetables. Wash, de-seed and cut the peppers into 2.5cm (1 in) chunks.
- Peel and finely mince the onion in a food processor or mincer.
- Wash and cut the aubergine into 2.5cm (1 in) cubes. Wash and chop the coriander.
- Separate the egg white from the yolk.
- Mix the chicken mince with the chopped coriander, a pinch of cumin, salt & pepper, the minced onion, and use the egg white to bind the ingredients together.
- Make the mixture into small balls and thread onto skewers along with the wedges of pepper and aubergine. If using wooden skewers, ensure that they have been soaked in water for half an hour to prevent charring.
- Put on hot barbeque for 5 - 10 minutes turning frequently. If you prefer you can place the skewers under the grill.
Lovely served with a squeeze of lemon and a yoghurt dip made with mint, a crushed clove of garlic and more coriander for garnish.
|Fruit & Veg||2.4|
You can calorie count your own recipes with the Weight Loss Resources tools and databases. Try it free for 24 hours.