Low GI Lemon Blueberry Muffins
By the wlr team
Nutritious and with a high fibre content, Muffins are great to make if you are inexperienced in the kitchen, as you can literally throw it all together. The blueberries add a healthy twist to this children's favourite.
- Recipe makes: 9 muffins
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 20 mins
- Calories: 178
- 6oz/168g Flour, Wholemeal, Average
- 1oz/28g Wheat Bran, Average
- 4oz/112g Sweetener, Canderel, Spoonful, Canderel
- 1 Tbsp/6g Baking Powder, Average
- ¼ Tsp/1.25g Salt, Table, Average
- 8Fls oz/240ml Milk, Skimmed, Average
- 1 Egg/55.9g Eggs, Omega 3
- 1.66oz/46.48g Spread, Average
- 1 Tbsp/6g Lemon, Peel, Raw, Average
- 126g Blueberries, Raw, Average
Preheat oven to 190°C / Gas Mark 5 / 375°F
- Line a muffin tray with individual paper cases.
- Preheat the oven to 190C (375F, Gas Mark 5).
- Melt the margarine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, margarine and lemon rind.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, bran, sweetener, baking powder and salt.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour and add the liquid, folding the two together until you have a gooey mix.
- Stir in the blueberries.
- Divide the mixture into the muffin cases.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 20 minutes or until the tops are lightly golden and spring back when pressed with your finger tip.
Cool on a wire rack before serving - if you can wait that long!
|Fruit & Veg||0.2|
WLR has an extensive range of low-fat and low calorie recipes to help you follow a healthy, balanced diet. Try it free for 24 hours.