Low GI Glazed Apple Tart
By the wlr team
- Recipe makes: 6 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 15 mins
- Calories: 211
- 140g almonds
- 360g cooking apples
- 1½ slices wholemeal bread
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 110g unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 omega 3 egg
- 2 tbsp Canderel sweetener
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- 40g reduced sugar apricot jam
Preheat oven to 180°C / Gas Mark 4 / 350°F
- Peel and core 2 medium apples.
- Toast the almonds - place the almonds on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for about 10 minutes or until lightly golden and fragrant. Remove from the oven and cool. Leave the oven on.
- Finely grind the cooled almonds in a food processor and then transfer to a bowl.
- Place the wholemeal bread into the food processor and grind to fine crumbs.
- Add the bread crumbs to the bowl and ½ tsp of the cinnamon, tossing to combine.
- Stir in the egg whites.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of a 20cm (8in) pie dish and return to the oven for 10 minutes until the pie crust is set.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Whisk together the apple sauce, whole egg, sweetener, remaining cinnamon and almond extract and spread the mixture over the cooled pie crust.
- Turn the oven up to 200°C (400°F, Gas Mark 6).
- Slice the apples into crescents and arrange the pieces in circles over the apple sauce mixture.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 15 minutes or until the apples are tender.
- Remove from the oven, brush with jam and leave to cool.
Serve with a low fat vanilla ice cream.
|Fruit & Veg||0.8|
WLR has an extensive range of low-fat and low calorie recipes to help you follow a healthy, balanced diet. Try it free for 24 hours.