Low GI Bacon Omelette
By using Omega 3 eggs, you increase your intake of this healthy fat. Omega 3 has been linked to increased fat thermogenesis so may actually help you with your weight loss goals when eaten as part of your plan.
- Recipe makes: 1 serving
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 6 mins
- Calories: 316
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- 2 eggs, whites only
- 1 omega 3 egg
- 1 tbsp fresh basil
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 rashers lean back bacon
- ¼ red pepper
- Turn on the grill to a high heat.
- Chop the ham. Chop and de-seed the pepper.
- Separate two of the eggs and discard the yolks.
- Heat an omelette pan or small non stick frying pan over a medium heat and add the oil.
- Mix together the whole egg and the two egg whites, basil, cheese and pepper in a small bowl and pour the mixture into the heated pan.
- Stir lightly until almost set.
- Sprinkle on the chopped bacon and the pepper and place the pan under the grill to finish off.
- After 1 minute or when the top of the omelette is set, remove from the grill, fold in half and transfer to a plate.
Great with bacon and you can try it with other fillings such as spinach and chicken breast or low fat grated cheese. Prawns and plain low fat cottage cheese make the ideal healthy accompaniment for a filling breakfast.
|Fruit & Veg||0.5|
WLR has an extensive range of low-fat and low calorie recipes to help you follow a healthy, balanced diet. Try it free for 24 hours.