Zucchini Meatballs Recipe
Try these vegetarian courgette meatballs with your pasta tonight. Low in carbs and calories and great served with a green salad or your favourite pasta. Remember to keep these vegetarian, replace the parmesan with vegetarian friendly cheese.
- Recipe makes: 6 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 10 mins
- Calories: 108
- 3 courgettes
- 25g parmesan cheese
- 25g pecorino cheese
- 2 eggs
- 28g breadcrumbs
- 10ml extra virgin olive oil
- 300g green mixed salad
- 1 tbsp parsley or mint
- Chop zucchini (courgette) and add to boiling salted water for 4 mins; Drain excess water from the Zucchini
- Transfer Zucchini to a baking tray and allow to cool. Squeeze out excess water from the Zucchini once cooled.
- In a mixing bowl, add zucchini and grated cheese, chopped parsley or mint, eggs and breadcrumbs. Mix well until the ingredients are well mixed.
- With your hands, shape the meatballs into the size of a golf ball. Coat the meatballs with breadcrumbs (extra).
- Heat pan and spray oil place the meatballs and fry on each side until golden brown and crispy. Transfer onto a plate with an absorbent paper towel to drain excess oil.
Serve with a green salad.
|Fruit & Veg||2.2|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Vegetarians
You'll find hundreds more recipes for yummy vegetarian dishes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite veggie meals, give it a try!