Yasai Yaki Soba Recipe
By the wlr team
‘Yasai’ is the Japanese word for vegetables. So get creative and try this healthy, Japanese stir fry. The whole meal comes together in just 25 minutes!
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 10 mins
- Calories: 974
- 60ml light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 Tsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp lemon grass
- 28g root ginger
- 28g teriyaki stir fry sauce
- 75g yellow bean stir fry sauce
- ½ large green pepper
- ½ medium red pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 8 medium spring onions
- 56g button mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves
- 250g wheat and gluten free Thai rice noodles
- 2 medium eggs
- 150g bean sprouts
- 10g dried onions
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- ¼ pack Taiko Sushi pickled ginger
- ½ tsp sesame seeds
- Prepare the sauce (makes approx 65ml): Put the light soy sauce, sugar and dark soy sauce into a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool.
- Prepare the Dressing (makes approx 150ml): Remove the outer leaves from the lemon grass and slice finely. Peel and mince the ginger if using whole. Put the teriyaki sauce, yellow bean sauce, lemon grass and ginger into a mixing bowl and combine until mixed.
- Trim and deseed the peppers, then cut into strips.
- Peel and slice the onion.
- Wash and slice the spring onion (scallions).
- Wipe and slice the mushrooms.
- Peel and finely chop the garlic.
- Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions. Drain and refresh under cold running water.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and add all of the vegetables and the yaki soba sauce.
- Heat a wok or large heavy based pan over medium heat until hot and almost smoking, and then carefully add the vegetable oil.
- Add the egg mixture and the cooked noodles, and stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Divide between 2 bowls and top with the pickled ginger, shallots, sesame seeds, and dressing.
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
|Fruit & Veg||4.6|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Vegetarians
You'll find hundreds more recipes for yummy vegetarian dishes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite veggie meals, give it a try!