Veggie Cottage Pie Recipe
By the wlr team
Ditch the meat and try this veggie cottage pie, it may be low calorie but it’s still filled with all the flavours and greatness of a real cottage pie.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 20 mins
- Calories: 295
- 200g white potatoes
- 183g carrots
- 90g onion
- 15ml sunflower oil
- 300g vegetarian mince
- 3g garlic
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 56g vegetarian gravy granules
- 25g low fat margarine
- 30ml semi-skimmed milk
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
Preheat oven to 190°C / Gas Mark 5 / 375°F
- Peel potatoes and cut up for boiling.
- Peel and dice carrots and onions into small pieces.
- Place potatoes in a pan with water and bring to boil.
- Place the dice carrots and onions into small pieces, heat oil in a pan and sauté gently for a few minutes.
- Drain oil from pan and add veggie mince and water (as directed on packet) and place back on heat. Stir in a little garlic and a pinch of pepper and let simmer.
- When potatoes are nearly cooked for mashing, add the vegetarian gravy granules to mince and stir continuously for a few minutes while it thickens.
- Drain potatoes, add margarine and splash of milk and mash until very smooth and creamy!
- Using an oven proof dish, empty mince into bottom and tap dish on side a few times to settle mixture.
- Very gently, and not in large lumps as they will sink, using a spoon and fork spread your very creamy mash completely over surface.
- Put pie into oven. Your pie shouldn't need very long, just until your wisps of mash start to brown slightly at the tips.
This recipe makes 4 servings. Double everything up to make 8 servings and pop the extras in the freezer. When you want to have some for dinner, take out the portions you need in the morning to defrost. When you get home, heat and serve with some steamed veg. The perfect homemade ready meal, already calorie counted!
|Fruit & Veg||0.9|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Vegetarians
You'll find hundreds more recipes for yummy vegetarian dishes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite veggie meals, give it a try!