Vegetarian Sausage Hotpot Recipe
This low calorie veggie sausage hotpot is the perfect thing to cook up when you’ve had a long day and want to settle down with a lovely hot meal! Enjoy the low calorie healthier option of Linda McCartney veggie/vegan sausages with maybe a side of some mash potatoes if you’ve got the spare calories. Don’t forget if you want a fully vegetarian meal, you’ll need to leave out the option of the Worcestershire sauce!
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Calories: 130
- 1 onion
- 80g fresh baby carrots
- 4 vegetarian sausages
- 10g tomato ketchup
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 200g canned chopped tomatoes
- Peel and chop the onion, scrub and dice the carrot.
- Put the sausages in a pot (can be kept frozen), add water, chopped onion, and carrot (and any other veg that you wish, I add a little turnip if I have it or use frozen veg if I have nothing fresh in).
- Add a dash of tomato sauce, (or Worcestershire sauce and even a dash of HP but not necessary).
- Add the tomatoes. Bring to the boil and simmer until vegetables are soft.
Remember to season. If you wish, you can add a little flour or cornflour to thicken. Lovely served with more veg or a little mashed potato. Anything goes!
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
|Fruit & Veg||1.3|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Vegetarians
You'll find hundreds more recipes for yummy vegetarian dishes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite veggie meals, give it a try!