Vegetable Goulash Recipe
By the wlr team
This vegetable goulash is packed full of vegetables with 3 of your 5 a day! A low in calories recipe that is sure to hit the spot, serve with pasta or potatoes.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 40 mins
- Calories: 274
- 1 medium onion
- 50g courgette
- 2 carrots
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 200g root vegetables
- 100g cabbage
- 100g dried green or brown lentils
- 1 tbsp paprika
- ½ tbsp caraway seeds
- ½ tbsp mixed herbs
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 500ml tomato juice
- 300ml vegetable bouillon
- 25g natural yoghurt
- Roughly dice the onion, courgettes and carrots.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan, and sauté the onion, carrots and root vegetables till the onion is transparent.
- Add the cabbage and courgettes and cook over a medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in the lentils, paprika, caraway seeds, herbs and nutmeg. Then add the tomato juice and stock.
- Cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes, or until the vegetables and lentils are tender. Pour into a warmed serving dish and drizzle with yoghurt.
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
|Fruit & Veg||3.2|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Vegetarians
You'll find hundreds more recipes for yummy vegetarian dishes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite veggie meals, give it a try!