Vegetable Chilli with Rice Recipe
A quick & easy vegan chilli is sure to please the whole family at dinner time. Overflowing with fruit and veg this recipe contains your 5 a day and some extra.
- Recipe makes: 1 serving
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 20 mins
- Calories: 467
- 1 small onion
- 75g green pepper
- 2 small carrots
- 150g courgette
- 5 sprays sunflower oil spray
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 175g canned kidney beans. drained
- 200g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 100ml water
- 7 tbsp cooked brown rice
- Peel and chop the onion.
- Prepare and chop the half of pepper.
- Peel and slice the carrots.
- Wash and slice the courgette.
- Spray a non-stick pan with a spray oil, heat, and fry the onion, the pepper, the courgette and carrots, until soft.
- Add chilli powder to taste and cook for a few minutes. Add the red kidney beans, chopped tomatoes, tomato puree and a little water. Simmer until heated through and the sauce thickens.
- Serve with 7tbsp cooked brown rice and salad.
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
|Fruit & Veg||10.0|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Vegetarians
You'll find hundreds more recipes for yummy vegetarian dishes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite veggie meals, give it a try!