Bean and Veggie Chilli with Rice Recipe
Recipe taken from wlr's Build-Your-Own Delish Diet Plan
Vegan and vegetarian-friendly, this quick and easy chilli is this sure to please. Plus, it's overflowing with vegetables - a single serving contains your 5-a-day, and some!
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 40 mins
- Calories: 382
- 1 onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 300g mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground chilli
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 x 400g can kidney beans, drained
- 1 x 400g cannellini beans, drained
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 2 x 250g pouches steamed rice
- 10 sprays oil
- Chop the onions and peppers.
- Spray a non-stick pan with oil, add the chopped vegetables and stir fry until softened.
- Slice the mushrooms and crush the garlic, add to the pan with spices and oregano. Cook for 2 mins.
- Drain and rinse the beans, add to the pan with the tomatoes and stock to cover.
- Simmer gently for 25-30 mins, topping up with stock as needed.
- Serve with the microwaved rice.
|Fruit & Veg||5.4|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Vegetarians
You'll find hundreds more recipes for yummy vegetarian dishes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite veggie meals, give it a try!
This recipe is just one of the 30 delicious dinners in wlr's new book... Featuring quick-and-easy, calorie counted meals - there's ideas for scrummy breakfasts and luscious lunches too! Discover how to eat well and lose weight