Vegetable Bhaji Recipe
This low calorie vegetable bhaji is sure to fill any cravings for Indian food. Packed full of vegetables and super easy to make pair this with some of your favourite rice or flatbread.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 50 mins
- Calories: 122
- 100g potato
- 2 garlic cloves
- 90g onion
- 100g carrots
- 3 celery sticks
- 75g Golden Delicious apples
- 200g cauliflower
- 100g fine green beans
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 300ml water
- 5g tomato puree
- 20g sultanas
- Peel and quarter the potatoes.
- Peel and chop the garlic.
- Peel and chop the onion, carrots celery, and apple.
- Break cauliflower into florets
- Top tail and halve the green beans.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and stir fry garlic, onion, celery, and apple for 5 minutes.
- Add chilli, ginger, and turmeric and continue to stir fry gently for a further minute.
- Add the green beans, cauliflower, carrots and potatoes and add in 300ml of water.
- Stir in tomato puree, sultanas and a pinch of salt.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes.
- Enjoy the aroma until ready to serve!
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
|Fruit & Veg||2.4|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Vegetarians
You'll find hundreds more recipes for yummy vegetarian dishes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite veggie meals, give it a try!